How to Play
Vera West Women's Center Bunco for Breast Cancer Modified Bunco Rules
- A team consists of 12 players (three tables).
- A table consists of four players. Your partner is the person sitting diagonal from you.
- The scorekeeper for each table rolls first and then proceeds to the left. The scorekeeper for each table will keep record of the cumulative score for each team.
- The tournament consists of four sets; each set consists of six rounds. Play is in three minute intervals with two minute move time in between. There are new rounds every five minutes.
- Play starts and stops with the air horn.
- Players earn points by rolling three dice. In each round, players are trying to roll the same number as the round or the target number. Example: In round three, you will receive points for only the 3’s that are rolled. One point is awarded for each target number rolled successfully.
- A player keeps rolling as long as they continue to roll the target number. Example: In round three, as long as you roll at least one three, you keep rolling the dice. When you roll the dice and don't get a three, then it is the next player's turn.
- When the round ends, each player will move one seat to the right. You will have a different partner in each round.
- BUNCO is when you roll three of a kind of the target number for that round. A BUNCO earns 21 points. Example: In round three, you roll the dice and roll ALL threes!
- Rolling three of a kind of any number in any given round earns five points. Example: In round three, you roll the dice and roll ALL twos.
- he team (partners) at each table with the highest score for the round will record a “W” (Win) and the other team will record an “L” (Loss) on their individual score sheet for that round. If a player rolls a BUNCO, they will record a “B” (BUNCO).
- In the event of a tie at your table, each player will continue to roll for the target number until the tie is broken (all four players must have a chance to roll).