How to Play
A team consists of 12 players (3 tables of 4 players).
A table consists of 4 players. Your partner is the person sitting diagonal from you.
The scorekeeper for each table rolls first and then proceeds to the left. The scorekeeper for each table will keep record of the cumulative score for each team.
The tournament consists of 4 sets; each set consists of 6 rounds. Play is in 3 minute intervals with 2 minutes of move time between intervals.
Play starts and stops with the air horn.
Players earn points by rolling 3 dice. In each round, players are trying to roll the same number as the round or the target number.
Vera West Women's Center Bunco for Breast Cancer Modified Bunco Rules
Click here for a downloadable version of the rules.
- Example: In round 4, players want to roll a 4. In round 5, players want to roll a 5.
1 point is awarded for each target number rolled successfully.
- Example: In round 4, you will only receive points for the 4’s that are rolled.
A player keeps rolling the dice as long as they continue to roll the target number.
- Example: In round 3, as long as you roll at least one 3, you keep rolling the dice. When you roll the dice and don't get a 3, your turn is over. It is then the next player's turn.
When the round ends, each player will move one seat to the right. You will have a different partner for each round.
BUNCO is when you roll 3 of a kind of the target number for that round. A BUNCO earns 21 points.
- Example: In round 3, you roll the dice and roll ALL 3’s. You have just earned 21 points.
Rolling 3 of a kind of any number in any given round earns 5 points.
- Example: In round 3, you roll the dice and roll ALL 2’s. You have just earned 5 points. This is not a BUNCO because you have rolled all 2’s during round 3.
The partners (Your partner is the person sitting diagonal from you) at each table with the highest score for the round will record a “W” (Win) on their individual score sheet for that round. The other team will record an “L” (Loss) on their individual score sheet for that round. If a player rolls a BUNCO, they will record a “B” (BUNCO).
In the event of a tie at your table, each player will continue to roll for the target number until the tie is broken (All 4 players must have a chance to roll).