The Caduceus Society
The Caduceus Society is a philanthropic membership society for physicians who have made a major financial commitment to Hendrick. The Society exists to:
- Support Hendrick Health System's role of providing the highest standards of patient care
- Support the Endowment Fund of the Hendrick Medical Center Foundation
- Perpetuate Hendrick Health System's longstanding tradition of meeting the health needs of the many communities we serve
The Caduceus Society takes its name from the Caduceus symbol, which has represented man's power to wage war on disease and death since the Babylonian empire in 3500 BC. Today it is synonymous with the medical profession as the heralding trademark for both the American Medical Association and the World Medical Association.
The Caduceus symbol stands for the highest ethics of medical practice and care.
Current and past members of the Hendrick medical staff are eligible. A minimum pledge, direct gift or existing lifetime giving of $10,000 is required. Pledges are to be made and paid within a five or ten year period, and members may choose to pay their pledges annually, semi-annually or quarterly.
Members must be current with their pledge in order to be in good standing and receive Caduceus Society recognition.
Make a difference in the future of our community and the future of Hendrick Health System. Your gift through the Caduceus Society benefits the caring, healing and teaching ministries of Hendrick.
Caduceus Society gifts may be designated in one of the following ways:
- When you make a gift to the Endowment Fund, you help to provide a perpetual source of income to Hendrick, while the principal of the fund remains intact.
- Your gift to the General Fund provides unrestricted support to Hendrick's initiatives where the need is greatest.
- You may choose to support a specific project or program of special interest to you.
- All gifts to the Hendrick Medical Center Foundation through the Caduceus Society will benefit continued excellence of quality healthcare.
Benefits of Membership
- Recognition in print material
- Invitations to special Hendrick events
- A special recognition gift
Ways to Donate
To learn how you can donate, see our Ways to Donate.
Enroll in the Caduceus Society
Print the Enrollment Form and mail to:
Hendrick Medical Center Foundation
1900 Pine St.
Abilene, Texas 79601